The European Commission has decided to launch a €1 billion call for research and innovation projects that respond to the climate crisis and help protect Europe’s unique ecosystems and biodiversity.
This Green Deal Call differs in important aspects from previous Horizon 2020 calls. Given the urgency of the challenges it addresses, it aims for clear, discernible results in the short to medium-term, but with a perspective of long-term change. There are fewer, but more targeted, larger and visible actions, with a focus on rapid scalability, dissemination and uptake.
Eight thematic areas reflecting the key work streams of the European Green Deal:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
And two horizontal areas – strengthening knowledge and empowering citizens, which offer a longer-term perspective in achieving the transformations set out in the European Green Deal.
Virtual Brokerage Event on the European Green Deal Call 23-24 September 2020
a FREE two-day virtual event that will introduce the Green Deal call for proposals and present insights and expectations from the European Commission, while offering a unique international networking and matchmaking experience to forge winning research and innovation consortia.
- Part I – Introduction: Open to an unlimited number of participants.
From 14:00 to 16:00 CEST, tune in and join the room “EGD call Info Day, Part I”
- Part II – 11 parallel presentations of the call areas: limited to 100 participants per session, on a first come first served basis.
From 16:00 to 18:00 CEST, tune in and join the room of the call area of your interest.
- Part III – brokerage event with proposal pitching in 11 parallel sessions: limited to 100 participants per session. Registration is not necessary, attendees will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
From 09:00 to 11:00 CEST, tune in and join the room of the call area of your interest
- If you wish to pitch your proposal idea, book your slot by clicking on the link to the area of your interest before 22 September 15:00 CEST:
- 1.1 Preventing and Fighting Wildfires + 1.3 Climate-resilient Innovation Packages for EU regions
- 1.2 -Towards climate –neutral and socially innovative cities
- 2. Clean, affordable and secure energy
- 3. Industry for a clean and circular economy
- 4. Energy and resource efficient buildings
- 5. Sustainable and smart mobility
- 6. Farm to fork
- 7. Biodiversity and ecosystems
- 8. Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
- 9. Strengthening knowledge
- 10. Empowering citizens
- Part IV – Matchmaking, pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings in virtual chat rooms.
Register for the matchmaking through this page